The Subud International Cultural Association-USA Grant Program is designed to promote the benefits of culture, arts and creativity by assisting Subud members in developing and sharing their individual and organizational cultural endeavors. SICA-USA grant applications are funded through a competitive process during which each application is thoroughly evaluated, with emphasis placed on projects that have an inter-cultural nature and operate at the intersection of creativity and spirituality.
Applications need to fall into one of the following areas of cultural endeavor
- Arts and Humanities
- Music and Performing Arts
- Writing: plays, screenplays, poetry, novels, short stories, reviews, articles
- Film and Media Arts
- Visual Arts and Sculpture
- Architecture and Design
- Education and Training
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- Crafts and Folk Arts
- Science and Technology
- Computer Arts and Graphic Design
- Culinary Arts, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
Applicants must be either a 501c3 USA organization, a SICA-USA Sponsored Project, or Individual Subud Member(s) meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- Their activities or cultural product must be open and available to the general public.
- Projects with the possibility of reaching out to a broader, more diverse audience than Subud members as currently represented in the USA will be favored.
- The SICA-USA logo must appear on all promotional materials, book jackets, album covers, flyers, handbills, and programs. Copies of this collateral will need to be furnished with the Final Report once the project has completed.
- A Final Report must be filed with SICA-USA no more than two months following the completion of the project.
- SICA-USA Grantees will commit to serve as advocates for the SICA cultural message to both Subud and non-Subud communities in order to build SICA’s reputation, to support good-works in the world, and to help with future fundraising for SICA-USA,
- Individuals must be a Subud member for at least two years.
- 501c3 Non-Profit Organizations must have been in business at least one year and have an active volunteer board of directors.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the ability to complete the work described in their grant application with the resources and within the time available.
- A SICA-USA Sponsored Project is defined as a project created by SICA Board Members with the purpose of spreading the idea of cultural/spiritual endeavors and Subud principles to the general public.